Taking selfies and putting them up on Instagram or Facebook on your holidays are the norm these days. However, holidays can be hectic. Throw in time zone changes and jet lag, very soon, you won’t look beautiful for the cameras anymore when dry skin, frizzy hair and chapped lips start appearing.
Stay beautiful on-the-go with these 4 tips.
Pack an essential beauty kit comprising 8 must-haves -
- Aloe vera – be it a beach or a winter holiday, aloe vera is a skin saviour for sunburned or dry skin. It acts as a cooling gel for healing purposes and also a hydrating face mask for tired skin. An all-time favourite for smart travellers.
- Lip balm – chapped lips are painful so if your destination is dry and or/cold, pack a rich lip balm to apply day and night.
- Cleanser – Clean skin is the first step to beauty. Get a cleanser that effectively removes make-up too!
- Moisturizer – A good, hydrating moisturizer chases away dehydrated skin, reducing lines and pumps up your glow.
- Sunscreen – Avoid painful sunburns and spots by covering your skin with at least a SPF50 protection if you intend to be outdoors for most of the day. Do this even when you are skiing. For those participating in water activities, re-applying regularly is highly recommended.
- Anti-frizz hair spray – how many times has your hair misbehaved due to the change in your environment? Fix your crowning glory with an anti-frizz hair spray.
- Breath freshener – Do not neglect your oral hygiene as a foul breath can certainly turn people off. As you try new cuisine on your travels, it is always safer to have a breath freshener as you do not know the after-effect of some food.
- Vitamin C – For the sake of your health and skin, pack along a vitamin C of at least 500 mg to avoid falling ill.
Eat and drink the right stuff
- Onboard the plane – avoid alcohol as it dries up your skin. Drink water instead.
- During your travel - street food is delicious especially the deep fried ones. Too much may cause your skin to break out. So, moderation is the key.
Keep in shape
Piling on the kilos on your holidays is certainly not part of your travel plans. Avoid the weight gain by following these suggestions.
Getting enough rest on your holidays should not be forgotten as this is what holidays are about! So sleep well to avoid the dark circles around your eyes.